Friday, March 16, 2007

Tech Task #7

For this tech task I listened to a podcast on learning to speak German. I listened to the first lesson, which focused on simply listening and getting a feel for the language as it is used in different contexts, like news broadcasts, songs, and plays. As I read about the podcast program, I discovered that the series is constructed in the form of a story, and each podcast builds on the other. I took German 100 last semester, and believe me, if you don't keep practicing the language, it does not take long to forget what you've learned! I found that the lesson I listened to was helpful in refreshing my memory, and I think I would utilize this program in the future. It is a great way to retain and continue to learn the language. The website the podcasts are found on is:
www.dw-world.de

No comments: