Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Thoughts on Tuesday's Class

So I have to say, I was having my misgivings about this computer class last week, but I am starting to come around. The reason I am taking this class is because I think it is important as a teacher to keep up with the times, and I wanted to learn more about computers and how they can be used in the classroom. So far it has been challenging trying to figure things out - a lot of times I feel completely lost in class - but without challenge, there can be no real learning, right? Things will get easier as I become more comfortable using computers, I think. I am keeping my mind open, and I am learning some really cool things. I had no idea that the database program on Google existed, and I see how it could be a very useful tool when keeping track of student's grades. I am already pretty familiar with using Microsoft Word, but it was neat to learn all sorts of tricks and shortcuts on the program that I didn't know about before. Things are looking up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was a little overwhelmed in Tuesdays class as well, Sarah. It's amazing to see what else there is to learn about something as common as Word!